Recent Posts

Saturday, 18 January 2014

London Collections: Men AW14

I seem to be becoming more and more interested in men’s fashion lately so thought I’d bring you a very quick round-up of some of my favourite collections from London Collections: Men AW14. Like I said, these are just “some” of my personal highlights…too much great men's fashion for me to be able to blog about it all. If you haven't seen any of the coverage yet, then get yourself over to the London Collections: Men website to see more. Take a look at some of my choice picks:

Topman Design AW14 

Topman Design | London Collections: Men AW14 | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Topman Design London Collections: Men AW14 | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Just in case you weren't aware, Topman Design is Topman's premium collection - it's designed in-house.
 








MAN: Alan Taylor AW14

MAN Alan Taylor AW14 London Collections: Men AW14 | UK Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
MAN Alan Taylor AW14 London Collections: Men AW14 | UK Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
 
Alan Taylor's collection was based around the work of Henry Matisse, hence the Matisse cut-outs. This collection really caught my eye, I think it's really interesting and I'd really love to see how it's worn off runway. I'm so envious of the guys [and girls too perhaps?] who get to wear this, my head is already filling up with zillions of potential outfit/styling ideas. Ah, to be a boy...I sincerely hope that LFW brings some gems for us gals too.

Gieves & Hawkes AW14

Gieves & Hawkes AW14 London Collections: Men AW14 | UK Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Gieves & Hawkes AW14 at London Collections: Men AW14 | UK Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Gieves & Hawkes AW14 at London Collections: Men AW14 | UK Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

I couldn't do a post on London Collections: Men without featuring Savile Row's finest Gieves & Hawkes, could I now? This is a really amazing collection - luxurious, masculine and very wearable. Very dapper indeed, I like the eyewear too.

Lastly, I have to give mention to Richard Nicoll as this is his first menswear collection - it must be a very exciting time for Team Nicoll indeed. I think it's a superb collection, check it out:

Richard Nicoll AW14

Richard Nicoll AW14 London Collections: Men AW14 | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

Richard Nicoll AW14 London Collections: Men AW14 | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com

Richard Nicoll AW14 London Collections: Men AW14 | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
Another winning collection. A fantastic array of colours and such diverse designs - and yet this is just a snippet of Richard Nicoll's AW14 creations
 



















So there you have it, here's what our male counterparts will be rocking this Winter. Some very fabulous collections indeed, and yet this has only been a tiny snippet. It truly is a very exciting time for men's fashion at the moment and I'm really excited for all the designers.

So as you can see, the two main trends clearly visible from London Collections: Men AW14 are oversized and colour. I love the wide array of colour palettes that designers have gone for - it's nice to know that there'll be some nice cheery colours to help us embrace the colder months.

Lastly, I'll end on a fun note with this...

The award for most quirky at LC:M AW14 definitely has to go to Bobby Abley... I actually think that Bobby Abley's 'demented Disney' collection is scary, fresh, genius and innovative all at the same time:

Bobby Abley AW14 London Collections: Men AW14 | Fashion Blog | Fashion Blogger | www.thebellenarrative.com
 Bobby Abley AW14 at London Collections: Men AW14




    
I actually almost fell of my chair with laughter at some of the comments on the ASOS Facebook page that were directed at Abley's collection - namely the image above on the left, yes the pink number:
 
"I don't understand the world anymore"
    
"Go home Fashion, you're drunk"
    
"These are men?"
    
"Looks like something out of zoo lander lol is this a wind up!"
    
"Oooo dear. What is with his mouth?"
    
"I guess it's just meant to be fun for the Catwalk. I'm sure the designers don't actually retail pig outfits."

Hilarious isn't it, the Internet doesn't half crack me up sometimes. Just thought I'd share it with you really :)

So I hope you enjoyed this quick look at LC:M AW14. I can't help but wonder what London Fashion Week will bring for us gals now...

Aimee xx

Image credits: All images in this post are via londoncollections.co.uk

53 comments:

  1. I adore every single collection, especiallythe last on by Bobby Abley because its so different and i would totally wear it hah! Pink jumper is to die for an I love how he's pushing the limits. Amazing! Great post I love it so much xx thank you so much for that lovely comment which you left on my blog, I really appreciate it xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I love your comment Becky, it's so nice to get a variety of different perspectives. You would totally rock that pink jumper! I personally found the collection a little eery [it's those metal mouthpieces!] but a tad likeable too. I can't quite put my finger on why I like it though..I think it's just as you said, because he's pushing the limits. Glad you enjoyed the post, loved your blog :) xx

      Delete
  2. Those comments are hilarious; what are some people like?!

    Our favourite has to be the Gieves & Hawkes collection - very smart however we like the bold colours in the Richard Nicoll designs.

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know hilarious right?! I just had to share it with you guys! Such strong collections, LC:M AW14 has truly wowed me :)

      Delete
  3. Hello there, just came across your blog and it's awesome - hilarious post, no idea how designers come up with half those designs, insane!

    I'm your newest follower and look forward to your next post. :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following sweetie, I'm glad that you enjoyed the post. It's so interesting isn't it? So much food for thought, I'll never bore of fashion :)

      Delete
  4. always a fascination with menswear I love the Bobby Abley collection most, very innovative and a bit creepy. awesome post!
    Bekardi and Furs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post and share my fascination :) Bobby Abley definitely brought something fresh and different to LC:M so you gotta love it.

      Delete
  5. I love men's fashion, especially that LMC acts almost like a sneak peak to LFW. My boyfriend will be very happy about the roll necks :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's fab isn't it, I really enjoyed the coverage :) Ah fab...he's gonna be spoilt for choice this AW14 :)x

      Delete
  6. Richard Nicoll's was probably my favourite! and I definitely saw some questionable designs such as the Abley ones when looking on the website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so talented isn't he :) Lol :) It's so strange...I felt that way too once, but these days I'm really starting to love the really "far out" designs :)

      Delete
  7. I also like to take a look at the men collections
    because I like to take some inspiration from
    them and put the ideas into my outfits. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah same here! I'm extremely guilty of shopping in the men's section :)x

      Delete
  8. I like reading the commentary - the fashion world definitely isn't the same as most people's! I love Mens fashion too, love the tailoring and sharp lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just came across your blog and it was hilarious. Love the 'go home fashion, you're drunk' post, their collection is really quite scary isn't it

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, I know...it's so funny you gotta love it! I'm sure that Bobby Abley would be equally amused too. Yeah I do find it a bit scary but you have to love the originality :)x

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I absolutely love the Gieves & Hawkes collection! You've just had me giggling like crazy at the asos comments!! I'm your latest follower xx
    http://stylepreserve.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for following, I'm glad that you liked the post :) I know sooo funny! Stuff like this keeps me sane lol! I'm really glad that everyone else is loving it too :)xx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I'm glad :) So many great designs, would have shown you guys more if I had the time :)

      Delete
  13. I'm actually not that much into men fashion but I love that you covered it! Especially the last collection by Bobby Abley was something totally unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I'm glad that you liked it. Who knows, you might be a convert! I know, totally unique!

      Delete
  14. Totally understand that. I always like to grab some of my husbands clothes to include in my dressing routine...men's fashion can be so much more interesting at times.

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice blog! stop by anytime :)
    xoxo Sienna
    http://www.fashionintheair.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. fab post! I love looking at menswear collections. That wool and leather Topshop coat is amazing!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes I know it's fab right...oh to be a boy!

      Delete
  17. love this post!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved your round-up! Personally, I think Bobby Abley is a genius and I'd wear the Topman collection for myself haha

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad that you enjoyed this post :) Ditto to that!

      Delete
  19. Loving this post! The way you write is so interesting! You've gained a new avid reader!

    http://littered-lipstick.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much, that's very kind of you to say so :) Thanks for following :) xx

      Delete
  20. Great post ❤️So cool and stylish.
    I love your blog so much! Have a great day :)
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you doll! :) Have a great day too :)x

      Delete
  21. I didn't realise that mens fashion was so intricately designed! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is doll! :) I think I'm going to have to blog about men's runway fashion more often to get the word out and so that more people can appreciate its beauty. Thanks for stopping by lovely :)x

      Delete
  22. It's always interesting to see what silhouettes they come up with for menswear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I'm always in awe of how they keep it fresh, season after season. Pure genius!

      Delete
  23. those are so cool style for men! I love you blog, in fact I did follow it to keep in touch!
    Feel free to drop by on my blog too. Happy blogging!


    www.marjhcollado.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the Gieves & Hawkes collection, the suit jackets are very dapper and the overall look is very wearable :).

    Sarah xo | Like Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  25. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those comments have cracked me up too, have had a rubbish Wednesday so I thank you & your lovely blog for the smile on my face :-)

    Sophie xo soinspo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Happy to help doll, I love to make people smile :)xx

      Delete
  27. hhahaha the way the male models hold their mouths open while they walk down the runway.... too much!!

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)