Recent Posts

Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Review | Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder review Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder review Beauty Blog Beauty Blogger www.thebellenarrative.com www.thebellenarrative.com

The lovely people at Escentual recently sent me the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder to review on my blog. I have long heard a lot of good things about this product via other beauty bloggers so was excited to trial it for myself. Having now used the powder for a good few weeks I thought it was time to share my findings with you:

What they say
"Reinforce and enhance the hold of your make-up for up to 16 hours with the translucent Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder.

This long-lasting SPF30 powder will set your make-up and significantly prolong its life. It has been specifically formulated for use with the Dermablend Corrective Foundations but is suitable for use with other foundations and bases."

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder review Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder review  Makeup Reviews Beauty Products Beauty Blog Beauty Blogger www.thebellenarrative.com www.thebellenarrative.com 
My thoughts
The very first thing that I noticed about this powder was just how white it was, I was actually really surprised to discover that once fully blended it was invisible on my skin. For reference I am a NC42-43.5 in MAC foundation, i.e. quite tanned, so finding a non-coloured translucent powder that doesn’t leave a white cast is almost unheard of for me. Thankfully Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder really is “translucent” - I know, yay!

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder review Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder review Beauty Blog Beauty Blogger beauty reviews makeup reviews www.thebellenarrative.com www.thebellenarrative.com 
The powder has a silky smooth feel to it and makes my skin feel soft to the touch. The micro-fine texture ensures that the product blends into the skin effortlessly and doesn’t settle into fine lines or accentuate pores – I actually found that the powder helped to minimise my pores.

This product is widely described as having a matte finish, so I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that it actually has a slight pearlescent-like sheen, and thus it imparts the skin with a beautiful radiant satin finish.

The powder isn’t cakey in the slightest, nor does it look chalky on the skin. I really like how light and comfortable it feels on my skin and have to say that this powder really does do an excellent job of locking my makeup in place.

Note, if you have very oily skin then you may need to blot at some point during the day, after all this is a setting powder and not a blotting powder. I have combination skin and during a 12-hour day I only had to give my face a quick blot once halfway through the day and overall the powder did an excellent job of keeping my foundation intact for the whole time. That said I can’t really fault this product at all – I love it!

The powder comes packaged in a nice sturdy plastic container and unlike a lot of other loose powders it doesn't make a huge mess everywhere since there aren't too many sifter holes:

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder review Beauty Blog Beauty Blogger Makeup Reviews Beauty Products Beauty Blog Beauty Blogger beauty reviews makeup reviews www.thebellenarrative.com www.thebellenarrative.com 
Recommended directions for application
"To use tap a small amount of the powder onto the included powder puff and gently pat on the face to set make-up. Dab off the excess. If using a brush, lightly dip it in the powder and then gently tap it against the lid to remove any excess. Sweep across the face to ensure long-lasting hold." However, you only need to use a small amount of powder so I personally find that the powder puff provided picks up too much powder for my needs, hence I prefer to use a flat top kabuki brush to gently buff the product into my skin. Nonetheless it's still nice that a powder puff is included and I'm sure that many people will find it very handy.

Key points
Micro-fine silky texture
Satin finish - makes skin look flawless and radiant
Translucent so will suit all skin-tones
Does what it says on the tin – prolongs the wear of your foundation
Great value for money - comes packaged in a nice big pot so should last you quite a while

Additional info
Fragrance-free
Paraben-free
Allergy tested and suitable for sensitive skin

Conclusion
Prior to trying this product, my setting powder of choice was my beloved Ben Nye Banana powder (which I wrote about here), however Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder has fast become one of my daily makeup essentials and now has pride of place on my dressing table – next to my Ben Nye Banana Powder of course. I’ll definitely repurchase this product when mine runs out.

This was my first time using a Vichy product and I’m so impressed with the quality that I’ll definitely be trying other products from the brand very soon. I also got some Vichy foundation samples in my package so I look forward to trying them too.

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder is priced at £17 and is available from www.escentual.com, link here.

Have you tried this powder or anything from the Vichy brand before too?

Aimee xx

PR Sample

11 comments:

  1. Great product!!
    xx

    http://trendsgalleryblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's a makeup must-have!

      Delete
  2. I love the Vichy brand! I used to have some products but I didn't know this one... Thanks for sharing ;)
    Trend-Mae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to trying more of their products :) This powder is amazing, you should try it! x

      Delete
  3. I really like the sounds of the satin finish! This sounds absolutely amazing!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting review. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard really good things about Dermablend stuff but never got around to use it, I think I may have to now. I'm glad this doesn't leave a white residue as I'm pale enough as it is, never mind making me more casper x

    tmzn loves / beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dermablend foundation - it's great for when I'm having a bad skin day! This looks like a really great product!
    Rachel x Sparkles and Starlight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanted to try this for ages and after reading this I definitely think I need to make a purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Escentual are fab they always send out fab samples, this looks really good though, I've never tried Vichy before thanks for sharing

    Laura//libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)