Recent Posts

Thursday, 6 August 2015

Color Wow Root Cover Up | QVC Beauty Pick of the Month - August


Color Wow's Root Cover Up has been chosen as QVC’s Beauty Pick of the Month for August - and I can certainly see why: Did you know that more than one per minute is sold worldwide?!

Color Wow Root Cover Up | Color Wow Root Cover Up Review 
For those unaware, the ‘much-mimicked-but-never-matched’ award-winning product is designed to camouflage root regrowth in between salon appointments. Essentially, Color Wow Root Cover Up is like eyeshadow for the hair! However this is no ordinary beauty product! It is the first mineral-powder formula to cover roots seamlessly by binding with hair, to stay in place until shampooed out!


Speaking of firsts: Root Cover Up is the first root cover up product to have won every major beauty award in the US and UK in less than two years since launching! It is also the first product to cover dark roots in lightened/highlighted hair without peroxide. Fantastic isn't it?! As a a long time hair dyer I'm super thrilled to have discovered a fast and effective means of keeping my hair colour 'first day fresh' in between salon appointments!

I've only actually just had my roots re-done the other day - and trust me it was a long time coming as I just haven't had the time to attend to my tresses lately. Luckily I now have Root Cover Up in my life, so no longer have to deal with that (often self-pitiful...!) "gaaah! My roots really need doing!" feeling.

Color Wow Root Cover Up Dark Brown 
In terms of shades, Color Wow Root Cover Up is available in seven shades which you can view here. I have the shade Dark Brown as pictured above to match my dyed brown hair. I'm actually thinking of possibly getting my blonde highlights put back in - they are normally such a job to maintain so picking up a second shade of Root Cover Up to match my highlights will definitely make things easier.

Packaging: Root Cover Up comes packaged in a sleek black palette which is compact and handbag friendly. It's a very high-end style packaging that looks right at home in my makeup bag nestled amongst my other premium makeup compacts:

Color Wow Root Cover Up | Dark Brown

Color Wow Root Cover Up | Dark Brown 
The packaging definitely plays a role in making Root Cover Up stand apart from other similar products. I mean you could take this handy compact anywhere with you really - especially on holidays. I also like the fact that this palette looks just like a 'regular' makeup product making it a lot more 'discreet' in comparison to other root cover up products that I've seen - especially (messy?!) aerosol based products. Nope give me a classy black compact any day!

Now obviously the winning factor about this product is all about its formulation: "The unique, professional powder compound adheres to hair without being sticky or oily and without dulling or looking dry. A water-resistant formula means the results last from shampoo to shampoo, but you can swim, sweat and sleep and the powder will stay in place. Plus, each shade contains a variety of pigments and reflective particles to ensure a natural match with many different hair colors."

Color Wow Root Cover Up Dark Brown 
I really love the fact that Color Wow's Root Cover Up is all about simplicity: It's non-messy and very very easy to apply - you simply dab it on the hair using the brush included in the palette. The double-ended brush actually has the softest bristles ever!

Color Wow Root Cover Up | Color Wow Root Cover Up Review | Beauty Blog
Color Wow Root Cover Up Dark Brown 
You apply the powder using the smaller end of the brush (pictured above) as it gives you more control, whilst the wider end of the brush can be used to dust off any excess powder. The back of the box handily gives you clear directions on usage, but I also recommend that first-time users have a look at the short videos on the Color Wow website here to see just how quick and easy it is to apply this nifty little product!

What the back of the box looks like:

Color Wow Root Cover Up | Color Wow

Color Wow Root Cover Up | Color Wow 
Another really great thing about Root Cover Up is that it is a handy multi-tasker - it can also be used to fill in and define your eyebrows, or to fill in around the hairline to contour and create the illusion of fullness.

Color Wow Root Cover Up | Color Wow | Root Cover Up 
Price: Color Wow Root Cover Up is normally priced at £28.50, however it's currently QVC’s Beauty Pick of the Month so throughout August you can bag yourself one for £24.50 with free postage - link here.

If you're after a simple, easy-to-use product to cover greys or camouflage those roots then I highly recommend Color Wow Root Cover Up - it's simply amazing! This revolutionary product really does extend the time between salon visits or at-home root touch-ups!

What do you think about this product? It's so handy and effective!

Aimee xx


39 comments:

  1. I have never heard of anything like this before, it looks great!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of people using eye shadow to quickly touch-up roots, and this definitely looks like the better alternative. Love it

    xoxo,

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of this, but my mum will love this! Sending to her :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this in a shop, but wasn't really sure if it actually works. Thanks for such a comprehensive review :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does - I love it!
      Pleasure and thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. This looks great - might have to give it a try!

    www.beckieeschle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a convenient product to hide the roots thanks for the introduction of WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing Miss!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This seems like great thing the world been waiting for. Thanks for this detailed rewiev. I don't dye my hair, but totally got to recomend this to m sister.

    xx

    d'stars
    *d'stars*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure :)
      I'm sure you'll sister will love it - this product makes maintaining dyed hair feel like less of a chore! x

      Delete
  9. Never seen it too!! But it looks awesome :) x

    http://msznev.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. never heard of sometning similar before! But seems a very effective way to quick touch up of the roots! :)
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat! Easier than using eyeshadow or mascara for sure, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that this is seriously fantastic! I have lavender hair, it is quite expensive to maintain. Do they have anything for that color group? :)

    XO K
    www.kellmenow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh lavender hair sounds so pretty! Unfortunately (as far as I know) they don't have anything for this shade at the moment - but what a fantastic idea for future development!
      xx

      Delete
  13. Wonderful post! I love it:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great and useful hair product...can it be classified as a hair product. My hair isn't gray yet, but one day it will be ( I do have a few greys already). I was already dreading the future and wondering how does one hide grey roots in between colouring...because one can't dye one's hair every week. This is a wonderful solution, so great somebody came to it!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep 'hair product' is fine :)
      Agreed - this product is such a life-saver! x

      Delete
  15. What a great product! I hadn't heard about this! Very informative

    Http://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, this is very interesting! Never heard of a product like that!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this product is so useful, I love packaging of it :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a fantastic product!! thank you for this amazing info my dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow thats an interesting product. I'm sure that means less money spend at the salon.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting product! Where in the world have I been living that I only knew this product now????

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never heard of such a thing before. Sounds like a good one. Telling from the sales numbers it must be amazing.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a great product! Sounds better than using eye shadow.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never heard of this before! I don't dye my hair but I could see myself giving this a try if some grey started to appear! Very interesting indeed, especially if you're looking for a dye-free way to cover greys!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds like a great product! New follower :)
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is great! I didn't know such thing exists!
    Alexandra ~ AWildPeony.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never used this product before but I really like the brush that it comes with it! The packaging looks really stylish. :D Thanks for sharing Aimee!

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing! I've never tried one of this. Thanks for sharing.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous product, dear! I'm impressed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)