Recent Posts

Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Haircare Collection


Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus haircare range | Shea Moisture

Shea Moisture is a hugely popular U.S beauty brand, and last week their haircare range launched in the UK at Boots. Previously the brand’s products were quite tricky to get hold of in the UK so their launch into Boots (selected stores nationwide and online) has been met with much excitement and delight – I can already foresee the brand doing really well over here in the UK.

Shea Moisture’s products tick so many boxes for me, so much so that I wouldn’t even know were to begin to list them, but for starters they are – cruelty free, free of chemicals nasties such as parabens, are ethically traded and made with certified organic Shea Butter. Excellent stuff isn’t it?!

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hair Care Collection

I was super lucky to kindly receive a trio of products from Shea Moisture’s Coconut & Hibiscus collection to test out. This range is designed for people with thick, curly hair who are seeking haircare with anti-frizz, moisture, and shine properties. For reference my hair is thick, prone to frizz, and naturally on the dry side – therefore I am a good candidate for this particular range of products.

All three of the products, which I have been trialling out over the last few days feature the following key ingredients:
  • Coconut Oil - hydrates and protects hair while reducing breakage.
  • Silk Protein - smoothes hair for a soft, silky feel.
  • Neem Oil - controls frizz while adding brilliant shine.

Here is how I got on with each of the products that I was sent:

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo

The first and foremost feature to love about this shampoo (aside from the gorgeous yummy coconut scent!!) is the fact that it is sulfate-free, so there is no worry of harsh chemicals like SLS/SLES.

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo


This moisturising shampoo has proved to be a real treat for my naturally thick, dry hair. It is packed full of goodness such as shea butter, coconut oil and neem oil (to name just a few) which resulted in me being left with a mane full of soft shiny hair! Since I bleach and colour my hair it can often look  dry and dull, however this shampoo has completely nourished my hair leaving it perky and healthy-looking! My hair colour (dyed) also looks more vibrant so I would continue using this shampoo for that fact alone.

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo | anti-frizz shampoo 
Consistency-wise, the shampoo is light and creamy. Although it is slightly runny when it comes out of the bottle, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it produced a very rich lather. Overall it cleanses really effectively, leaving both the hair and scalp feeling thoroughly fresh and clean.

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner

Like the shampoo, this conditioner is light and creamy in consistency. It also has the same yummy sweet coconut smell – which I'm pleased to inform you lasts all day! (If you haven’t already, then you really need to smell this stuff!!)

I've lost count of all the times I've stood in the shower trying to squeeze conditioner out of the bottle, therefore I am a massive fan of Shea Moisture’s pump packaging for dispensing the product easily:

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner

Anyone who suffers from dry hair will love this conditioner as it restores moisture and smoothes dry hair cuticles. It also leaves the hair feeling all soft and shiny so I can’t fault this conditioner one bit. I particularly like the fact that it tames frizz, as dealing with the odd bout of frizziness here and there can be a real nightmare. However I am super pleased to have found a conditioner to remedy the situation!

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

This all-natural moisture mist is fantastic used on damp hair before blow-drying since it gives your finished style added hold and shine. Best of all though, it tames frizz and hydrates the hair in the process. The spray emits a very fine mist so applies easily and evenly. Like the shampoo and conditioner this moisture mist has the same gorgeous coconut scent – you may find it hard to restrain yourself from spraying this product just for the lush scent!

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist | 236ml

The moisture mist is non-greasy and gives the hair a nice bit of shine, my mum actually remarked on how shiny my hair looked and asked what I had used on it. Although I feel that overall it was the combination of using all three of the products together that caused my hair to be so shiny and healthy looking. I will definitely continue using this trio together.

Overall thoughts

I have only used these products for a very short period of time, yet the results on my hair were immediate. All three products 100% deliver what they say. I cannot believe how soft and smooth my hair is and it’s completely frizz-free which is often a rarity for me! The shampoo definitely restored moisture to my hair - and perhaps that’s another factor why there currently is no frizz in my hair: Just in case you weren't aware, lack of moisture in the hair is a big contributor to frizz - a moisturising shampoo such as Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo is a must!!

These Shea Moisture products have also been particularly effective for nourishing my colour treated hair. My hair colour looks more vibrant and overall my hair is noticeably more hydrated - therefore I am going to stick with them and have already ditched my previous shampoo and conditioner!

I also think that the packaging of these products is great. I especially like the fact that the label tells you everything you need to know about the product in a glance:

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Haircare Collection | Shea Moisture 
As mentioned previously – these haircare products from Shea Moisture’s Coconut & Hibiscus collection have the most gorgeous coconut smell – they actually all smells good enough to eat! The yummy scent has actually made hair washing less of a chore and more of a treat…especially since the results are so great afterwards too!

All in all my hair looks and feel great, and I still can’t believe that there is no sign of frizz in my hair! Basically if you have the same hair type and concerns as me, i.e. have thick hair in need of nourishment and suffer from frizz, then you really need to try this range of Shea Moisture products immediately!

Find Shea Moisture online in the UK at Boots here or visit them online at sheamoisture.com.

Are you familiar with the Shea Moisture brand?
Which of the above products do you most like the sound of?!

Aimee xx


*PR samples


28 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm always on the lookout for sulphate free shampoos so will definitely try these out:) My hair is quite dry from colouring it, so hopefully these products will help XX

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had great results on my coloured hair so they would definitely help :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm obsessed with coconut oil so this sounds right up my street! My hair is extremely dry plus it's thick and frizzy so this sounds like a dream!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore coconut oil too! It sounds like you have the same sort of hair type as me so these would work wonders for you :)

      Delete
  3. I am never tried this before but it sounds like you got some great results :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did! Healthier hair after just one application - I'm amazed! x

      Delete
  4. I went to the loo during my lunch break only to see how big and frizzy my hair was! I NEED this is in my life. All 3 preferably, but the shampoo sounds like a dream on its own too.

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw bless! Frizz can be such a 'mare can't it?! These products banished my frizz completely so you should give them a go :)

      Delete
  5. I will love to try this sound like a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hair is dry, frizzy and curly but not thick so I wonder if this would weigh my curls down but I'd definitely give it a go after reading your review. And I love the smell of coconuts in hair products, they really remind me of being on holiday!

    Keeley x
    www.phatcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shampoo and conditioner are actually very lightweight so they might be fine. The moisture mist is actually very weightless on the hair so may suit you the best.
      Agree - the sweet coconut scent does remind me of all things tropical! x

      Delete
  7. This sounds like amazing products! I've just noticed these at my local drugstore, I will def give them a whirl.

    Keisha xo
    www.thechrysalisgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you should definitely try them then! x

      Delete
  8. I love coconut fragrance! These are definitely a must try for me!;)
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy Shea Moisture but have only tried their body products not their hair care. I am glad to hear that the brand made it over to the U.K. I will have to give their hair care a try! Coconut and Hibiscus sounds lovely.

    xo,
    Tina
    www.hauteandsavvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hair has been looking like a bunch of hay lately. I heard from my friends the benefits of coconut hair products. :D This is even more interesting...coconut and hibiscus?!?! Really tempted to try out this product.

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut oil is amazing at nourishing the hair! I'd be lost without my jar!
      I think you'll love these products too - the coconut and hibiscus combination is lovely! x

      Delete
  11. Oh wow - this sounds and looks like such a great brand! Love it :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, sounds really impressive, especially that you felt the difference after one using! :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The moisture mist sounds so appealing to me. I think it'd be really great for my hair type. I admire the minimal, natural ingredients. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it - it's perfect for hydrating the hair!
      Same here - I'm a big fan of natural ingredients! x

      Delete
  14. We have this brand in the States and I have never tried it. LOL So glad it's there and you love it. I will definitely have to give it a whirl.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of this brand before but will definitely have to give it a smell if I see it in Boots, sounds lovely!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love coconut fragrance, must try must try this ♥

    http://stylistya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like there are a number of benefits. I love coconut too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They sound great and they must smell delicious!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't tried these ones yet, but I have the smoothie in this fragrance and I think it's one of the best smelling products EVER. I'm currently using their Superfruit and Raw Shea range and LOVE them so much, totally converted and so good for so many different hair types.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)